primestigma tagged me in this a wee while ago, so I suppose I should try do one (who am I kidding I love these things).
1. I was stung by a Parabuthus scorpion (I think Parabuthus capensis) when I was 4 - I put a welly boot on without checking for bugs. Parabuthus venom is agonising. My parents’ ears were ringing for days.
2. When I was about 8, and walking out in the bush with my parents and friends to look at cave paintings, the person in front of me hit a nest of paper wasps, and while he only got stung once, I had stings on top of stings. More ear-ringing.
3. I’m a crack-shot. Annie Oakley’s got nothing on me. (Ok, she’s maybe got a little on me… but not much)
4. I was peed on by a baboon once. Jerk.
5. In high school we had this horrendous PE teacher who would always split the girls and boys up and have them play games separately, and would spend far less time with us because, you know, we were girls and couldn’t play properly. One day, towards the end of the gym hour that we’d spent playing cricket and just as I was up to bat, he came over to tell all us girls how badly we were playing. As he turned around saying ‘at least try put some effort into it’, I smacked the tennis ball into the back of his head hard. And I’ve been smashing the patriarchy ever since :P
6. I love bacon and marmalade. No, seriously, try it!
7. The 6 hour BBC Pride and Prejudice adaptation gets watched at least twice a year. Colin Firth, unf.
8. My middle name should be Elizabeth, and I always thought it was until about a month ago when my best friend ever so helpfully pointed out that it was not, in fact, on my birth certificate. The person writing my birth certificate forgot to write it in. And so my whole life is a lie.
9. I have an odd streak of white growing in that’s making me a little nervous. Nor that I don’t think Rogue is awesome, but I think it’s probably not a healthy sign…
10. The first time I fell off a horse was because I fell asleep and toppled out of the saddle.
I’m not sure how many people I’m meant to tag, so I’ll just do 3, my favourite number :P his-name-was-writ-in-water, chlorr-no-face and potatocrocodile!